Sunday, February 1, 2009

Aragua Advances to Caribbean World Series

Tigres de Aragua, of the Venezuelan Winter League, will be apart of the Caribbean World Series next week because they defeated Caracas 7-3 on Friday. Here's what the guys with "Cubs Connections" did in the VWL Championship Series game 7:
Aragua:
Sam Fuld- 0-5
Ronny Cedeno- 0-5

Caracas:
Jose Ascanio- 2.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

For the full schedule and info on all 4 teams that and their players with Cubs Connections, click here.

I will be having a recap of each game this week. There will be 2 games a day one at 5, and one at 8 or 9. I'll have a recap of the 4:00 game that night, and have the recap of the later game the next day. My recaps will include the final score and stats from all the players who are either current Cubs or former Cubs. Ronny Cedeno, Felix Pie, and Rich Hill will all be playing in this so we will get a chance to see how the 3 guys that the Cubs have given up on do. And of course, I'll also have all the Cubs rumors, news, and more this week.

Enjoy the Super Bowl today, my pick to win is the Steelers, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Cardinals pull of an upset. I know you Bear fans won't be to happy about this, but I am a Green Bay Packers fan. They'll be back next year just like the Cubbies!

Only 13 days until pitcher and catchers report!
Join me for my Cubs Chat this Wednesday at 7:00 PM CT (chat will be up at 6:45 so you can start sending in your questions!

1 comment: